Smart Parking ? The Benefits
June 15, 2017
June 15, 2017
Smart Parking involves the use of low-cost sensors, real-time data and applications that allow users to monitor available and unavailable parking spots. The goal is to automate and decrease time spent manually searching for the optimal parking floor, spot and even lot. Some solutions will encompass a complete suite of services such as online payments, parking time notifications and even car searching functionalities for very large lots. A parking solution can greatly benefit both the user and the lot owner.
Thirty percent of all traffic congestion in cities is caused by drivers looking for a parking space. This wastes time is inconvenient and increases carbon dioxide emissions. The Connexin Smart Parking solution provides drivers with real-time information about available parking spaces.
– Increased revenue through improved capture rates and tickets issued for parking violations
– Additional revenue from pricing changes powered by analytics
– Easily configure and manage parking spaces remotely
– Provide detailed information such as time of day, day of week, etc., to assist with planning of roads and further parking spaces
– Reserve parking spaces before getting there
– Reduced circling, leading to savings of time and fuel
– Search for parking spaces based on point of interest or preferences
– Receive voice guidance to a parking space
– Make payments online using a mobile phone or tablet